Deadmau5 gets ready to ‘haunt’ Madison audience

deadmau5 majestic
Joel Zimmerman, professionally known as deadmau5, overlooks a large crowd hopped up on his electro house beats. Zimmerman will play for an equally rhythm-rabid audience tonight at the Alliant Energy Center. Tickets are $35.[/media-credit]

Deadmau5: Born in Toronto, the electronic musician writes his own software and gets as close to the art of sound mixing that a person physically can. He wears an oversized mouse head onstage, played at the VMA’s this year and was nominated for Grammy Best Remixed Recording, Non Classical. On at 9:30 p.m.

Skrillex: Skrillex mixes post-hardcore, metalcore, electronica, alternative dance, dubstep and electro. He has made five total albums, but his first as Skrillex came out this June: My Name is Skrillex. He was included in one of Alternative Press’ 100 Bands You Need to Know issues. On at 8:30 p.m.

Dirty Disco Kidz: These kidz have been known to slay crowds in this town before. The four-man DJ group is based in Madison and made up of Mr. Physix (Chris Miedaner), Vinnie Toma, Special Ops (Ric Remington) and Black Kennedy (Alfred Sprencer Jr.). They are expert ragers, and dare you to contest that fact. On at 8 p.m.

Nick Nice: Also based in Madison, Nice has been a DJ for over 15 years. He ran the 7th Dimension/Nice Musique record store on Johnson Street in Madison for many years, and has also long been involved in the underground DJ scene in the city, performing regularly around the Midwest. On at 6 p.m.

With talk of the electro house show seemingly on everyone’s lips these days (hopefully pronouncing the performer’s name correctly as “dead mouse”), those of us here in the Arts Corner wanted to make sure that those going would be well informed for arguably the biggest fall concert in Madison. Because of high demand for the tickets, which sold out in three weeks, the show was moved from the Orpheum Theatre to the Alliant Energy Center. This also allows for a dancefloor more conducive to, well, dancing – not to mention deadmau5’s signature killer lightshow, without which a techno concert is incomplete. Already-purchased tickets for the Orpheum show will of course be honored, and due to the enlarged venue, tickets are still available for purchase at the Alliant Box Office. Starting at 5 p.m. tonight, free round-trip buses will go from Memorial Union to the show. A warning to those ready to rave: No carry-ins or glow sticks.