Fascination with G-string gigolos

Jiggle, jiggle. I was placed, squirming on a small, blue chair in the center of the living room. The stripper began dancing around the room, treating his clothes as if they were on fire. He spun around, taking off his belt, taking of his shirt, pants and every other piece of cloth covering his extremely tan body. Twirling around the room, spinning a few too many times for my drunk head to take in. I ended up falling off the chair mid-lap dance. No memory of the stripper sans hot pink g-string for me that night.

It should becoming clear the outrageousness of the evening. The initial reaction to seeing a grown man, with only a g-string and large black platform boots, gyrating on the ground, was odd. I wasn’t sure if I should laugh, be disgusted, or even if it was polite to look at his penis. For the 30 screaming and nervous girls at my birthday party, they now have stories for a lifetime.

I was told several times, “You had better not tell the boyfriend about this.” It came as somewhat of a shock to me. Is it cheating to have a lap dance, go to a strip club or simply attend a bachelor party? When you’re cool with your significant other seeing a little jiggle are you just a really great girlfriend, or is it that you trust your partner? Why is it so exciting to have a stripper at a special party? Temptation, arousal and power are influential factors when considering why exotic dancers are so controversial.

Having faith in that person to make the right choices when temptation is flaunting itself shouldn’t be questionable. If you asked him not to touch and only to look then he should respect that request. And men, that request rules out eating a pie from a stripper’s nude lap. If you do think that your partner is going to cross that line, maybe it wouldn’t just be with an exotic dancer.

It is well attested that men are creatures of visual stimulation. Ever wonder why his bed is far from the light switch or his hearing goes suddenly deaf when you shyly say, “turn off the light?” He simply wants to see you, all of you. A shaking booty two feet from his head is visual overload. Almost like the visual equivalent to slamming a 12 pack but without the residual hangover.

It can be hard for women to accept their boyfriends or husbands looking at Penthouse or having a Virtagirl desktop. Many women say that they do not feel as attractive or as desirable as the women in the magazines. But keep in mind that your guy is with you, not an airbrushed model with oddly placed nipples. Do not mix admiring a women’s body as a substitute for you. Seeing nude women swing around a pole is just a fleshier version of the pictures in adult magazines and indulgence of visual booze.

It isn’t just men that like strippers or x-rated pictures. I can guarantee that a crowd of women encircling a naked man will create a much louder uproar than the same for the opposite sex. This may be because there is something more risqué watching a man sexualized in such a way than the more common female stripper.

Men placed in a purely sexual situation for the pleasure of women seems so naughty and exciting, though not necessarily exciting in a sexual way. It may have more to do with the power shift going from male-dominated sexualization to the exploitation of a man at the hands of a woman. When hiring a stripper there is little room to find someone that you and everyone else will be turned on by. Sexual attraction depends on much more than breast size, height and how fake-baked a person is.

This brings up many interesting questions of morality. You may feel that the body should not be subjected to this kind of treatment. A little jiggle jiggle can be just a job for someone, possibly a way to get through college or just a career. How much difference is there between a woman dancing at Vision’s Nightclub and a Brother’s shot girl? In both positions, scantily clad beautiful girls make money flaunting what they have. Why is it that strippers are looked at with such narrow eyes?

I’m not too certain that any of those girls stuffing dollar bills into the stripper’s g-string were getting turned on. My friends know me well enough to supply me with a stripper for my birthday, but they also knew that it was for the purpose of a good laugh and a good story. I never over-stepped the line and never was made to feel uncomfortable. Risqué maybe, but it isn’t any more so than having a dancing Virtagirl on my desktop or going to Hooters.

Lindsey is a third year graphic design major graduating in a month. She has a large bruise on her leg and a scratch under her eye from falling off the chair during her lap dance. Lindsey can be reached at [email protected]