Men’s Basketball: Wisconsin pulls away late in win over Nebraska

Following a dismal loss to Michigan State Friday, Badgers find rhythm from beyond arc in win over Huskers
Justin Mielke

The University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team (12-7, 5-3 Big Ten) beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-12, 2-6) at the Kohl Center Tuesday night, bouncing back from a near-blowout loss to Michigan State over the weekend.

Winners of six of their last eight, the Badgers got a favorable matchup against the struggling Huskers, who entered the night with three consecutive losses. Early on, however, it was clear that Nebraska came to play.

The Huskers started the game 4-for-4 shooting en route to a 9–6 lead, but the Badgers found a way to keep responding via 3-pointers. In the first half alone, the Badgers made eight 3-pointers from six different players.

https://badgerherald.com/sports/2020/01/21/mens-basketball-following-dmitrik-trices-mid-season-rise/

At the break, Wisconsin led by just one point, 39–38, despite being heavily favored heading into the game.

Nebraska’s Dachon Burke Jr. and Cam Mack led all scorers at the half with 12 points each, while Kobe King and Micah Potter led the way for the Badgers with nine points and eight points, respectively.

While the Badgers led by just one coming out of the break, you would never know it from the way they shot in the second half. Wisconsin torched the nets to open the second half, shooting 9-for-15 from the floor — including 5-for-8 from 3-point range — in the first eight minutes.

Brad Davison was especially impressive after the break, scoring 11 points on 4-for-8 shooting, including three 3-pointers. Nate Reuvers added nine points of his own.

Davison credited a team effort for the contagious shooting in the second-half.

“When you see the ball go in, whether it’s individual or as a team, that just breeds confidence,” Davison said.

https://badgerherald.com/sports/2020/01/04/mens-basketball-wisconsin-upsets-ohio-state-university-in-marquee-road-win/

The Badgers took a commanding lead early in the half but allowed Nebraska to claw their way back into the game before putting the game away late via 3-pointers by D’Mitrik Trice and Davison, winning by a final of 82–68.

In all, the Badgers made 18 3-pointers, breaking the record for the most in a Big Ten game in school history and the most in any game in school history. The previous records were 14 and 17, respectively.

Davison finished the game with 14 points while Brevin Pritzl added 12 of his own. Reuvers totaled 11 points while Trice had 11 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in a solid all-around game.