High speed car chase with police near campus ends on west side [Updated]

Police were called off a high speed car chase near campus Monday afternoon after officers decided speeds were too dangerous to continue.

University of Wisconsin Madison police tweeted they were involved in the vehicle pursuit which began on campus.

University of Wisconsin police spokesperson Marc Lovicott said the chase ended shortly after 4 p.m. due to the dangerously high speeds of the driver and police involved.

UWPD also tweeted the chase ended on the west side of Madison, on Raymond Road.

Lovicott said the pursuit was actually a Madison police case, but UW police provided assistance because they were conveniently close to the area.

Update (4:45 p.m.)

MadisonTraffic tweeted the chase began in Shorewood Hills, continued onto Randall Avenue and up Monroe street. The chase then moved onto Midvale Avenue and then to Beltline.

Update (5:28 p.m.)

Madison Police have arrested two suspects in relation to the chase, according to an incident report released Monday afternoon.

The report said one suspect in the chase was wanted on an “outstanding felony” warrant.

According to the report, police first saw the vehicle near 2500 Chamberlin Avenue, and ended the chase on Madison’s west side. After ending the chase, police established a perimeter around the area, the report said.

Local residents called police shortly after, saying they had seen the vehicle involved in the chase, according to the report. Police were then able to locate the suspects.

The report said there are no injuries from the chase reported at this time, and police plan to release more information Tuesday.

We will continue to update this post as new information becomes available.