Hunt for man still on

The search continues for the suspect in the two double homicides committed Thursday night in Madison and Middleton, according to Madison police.

Area police are currently seeking Tyrone Adair, 38, in both incidents. According to the incident report, Adair is to be considered armed and extremely dangerous, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Police do not know if Adair is still in the Dane County area or if he has fled elsewhere, according to the report.

Madison police are collaborating with Middleton police and the Dane County Sheriff’s Department to create a “wide dragnet” to find Adair.

Sgt. John Rife of the Madison Police Department said a great amount of police resources are being dedicated to the case and while they do not currently know where he is, police are actively searching for him.

Madison police have asked law enforcement across the country to be on the lookout for Adair, the report said. Teams of detectives are pursuing the tips coming in regarding the case.

Rife said interest in the case extends beyond the local jurisdiction.

“We have been inundated with news requests from the national level all they way down to state and local (level),” Rife said.

According to the incident report, shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday, Madison Police Department officers found an adult female and her young daughter dead in a car parked in a garage at a house in the 6800 block of Park Edge Drive. They both died of fatal gunshot wounds.

A separate double homicide occurred Thursday night in the town of Middleton, according to the report. An adult female and her child were found dead in a parking lot, also the victims of gunshot wounds.

Madison police consider the two incidents to be connected, with Adair being the person of interest for both of the incidents.

Adair was last seen wearing a black North Face fleece vest, a green long-sleeved shirt that could possibly be a fleece, camouflage pants and a baseball style cap, according to the report.

The report also said Adair could be driving a silver GMC Acadia with Wisconsin license plate 342-EBL.

A preliminary investigation has yielded Adair to be the biological father of the two slain children, though the Dane County Coroner has yet to confirm this information. The coroner’s office has performed autopsies on the victims.

The victims are Amber M. Weigel, 25, of Madison, Neveha Weigel-Adair, 2, of Madison, Tracy L. Graser, 33, of Middleton and Deja Adair, 1, of Middleton, according to the police report.

The police are asking that anyone with information on the current whereabouts of Adair call 911 immediately to make a report.

Anyone who has general information regarding the case is urged to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014.