City Council website updated

A newly redesigned City Council website is now up and running.

The website was updated in order to make it easier for Madison citizens to navigate the page. Citizens can find information on council agendas and find out who their alder is, as designated by a neighborhood map.

“It had a tired look to it,” said Ald. Mike Verveer, District 4. “It hadn’t been updated since the site was established by the city several years ago.”

City residents will also find individual alder web pages with personal information, a list of committees each alder belongs to, an aldermanic map of the city and video webcasts of council meetings with printable agendas.

“It makes it easier for the community to access information about a member of the city council, as well as how to get in touch with us and provide us feedback on what the issue of the day might be,” Verveer said.

The newest addition is a section named “City Residents’ Frequently Asked Questions,” which will be used to answer a wide range of citizen questions, comments and complaints.

“That is a nice new feature where citizens are able to get answers to some of the more often-addressed issues without having to deal with their alderperson directly,” Verveer said. “For example, the answers to the questions would direct a citizen to go to the definitive source to get an issue or a problem addressed instead of dealing with the middle person, the alder. But obviously the alder is still happy to get involved.”

The website can be found at www.ci.madison.wi.us/council/index.html

-Amanda Heyman contributed to this report.