As if an 0-4 start wasn’t bad enough for the Wisconsin men’s hockey team, they got a bit more bad news Monday, as it was learned that senior forward Ben Street will be out at least three months with what head coach Mike Eaves described as a “lower body injury,” the Capital Times is reporting. Street, one of the Badgers’ two captains along with Blake Geoffrion, suffered the injury in Saturday night’s 7-4 loss to the Denver Pioneers. He hit the boards awkwardly in the first period after being hit by DU’s John Ryder and did not return to the game. Street has been an example of consistency for Wisconsin in his collegiate career, playing in 128 straight games. He was tied for the team lead with 13 goals a season ago.
Place your classified ad online and have it show up here. Your ad will hit thousands of viewers a day!
Looking for a print version?
Simply use your browser’s ‘Print’ command and a printer-friendly document will be generated automatically.
- Defensemen McBain, McDonagh named as assistant captains (October 24, 2008)
- Swan out for season (October 8, 2007)
- Men's hockey: 2008 captains announced (April 18, 2008)
- Minnesota's Decker will miss game against Wisconsin (November 11, 2008)
- Smith to miss road games (September 5, 2007)
Also by Tyler Mason:
- McBain going pro (March 26, 2009)