Key Fantasy Football Pickups for Week 9

Just like other weeks, unexpected performances by non-recognizable players and underperformances from big name players cause excitement and disappointment for owners. Here is the list of players who could help fantasy teams get in better shape.

Freeman, Josh (QB, TB) – For three weeks in a row Freeman has thrown three touchdown passes, putting him on fantasy owners’ radar. Although the three teams that he had a poor defense, Freeman seems unstoppable at the moment.

Wilson, Russell (QB, SEA) – Wilson has been good at home. The last time at home against the Patriots, he threw 293 yards with three touchdowns. Wilson should be alright against the Vikings’ defense.

Palmer, Carson (QB, OAK) – Palmer has been strong at home even against good defenses like the Chargers and the Steelers. Now, Palmer is facing the Buccaneers who have trouble in their secondary.

Thomas, Daniel (RB, MIA) – Thomas carried 15 times for 42 yards with a touchdown and caught a pass for three yards last week. Many of his carries came in garbage time, but Thomas scored early in the game, showing that he is the Dolphins’ goal-line carrier. The Colts defense has not been too challenging this year, so Thomas could make a similar impact.

Jennings, Rashard (RB, JAC) – Jennings filled in well for injured Maurice Jones-Drew by rushing 17 times for 59 yards and catching six passes for 56 yards. He fumbled and lost the ball, but it was an impressive performance by Jennings. The home game against the Lions shouldn’t be too difficult at this point.

Brown, Donald (RB, IND) – Brown carried 14 times for 80 yards last week. Although Brown and Ballard shared carries, both did a fine job against the weak Titans defense. Brown should get more carries this week against the Dolphins.

Richardson, Daryl (RB, STL) – Richardson carried seven times for 53 yards and caught four passes for -3 yards. He seems more reliable than Steven Jackson who carried the same amount but only rushed for 23 yards. The Rams aren’t going to ignore Richardson’s performance and he should be involved in more and more of the offense moving forward.

Stephens-Howling, LaRod (RB, ARI) – Stephens-Howling carried eight times for 6 yards and caught three passes for 32 yards. The brutal 49ers defense limited his ability last week, but the Packers defense should be less challenging in Week 9.

Young, Titus (WR, DET) – Young caught nine passes for 100 yards with two touchdowns last week. He had the best game of the season against the Seahawks at home and faces the paper-thin Jaguars secondary this week. Young should be decent again.

Shorts, Cecil (WR, JAC) – Shorts caught four passes for 79 yards with a touchdown and was targeted a team-high ten times last week. The Jaguars’ offense isn’t that impressive in general since Jones-Drew has been out for awhile, but two straight decent performances puts Shorts under fantasy owners’ radar.

Gresham, Jermaine (TE, CIN) – Coming off of a bye week, Gresham faces a favorable matchup against the Broncos that have allowed the third most fantasy points to tight ends.

San Diego Chargers D/ST ?- When the San Diego Chargers played the Kansas City Chiefs earlier this season the Chargers’ defense dominated. In Week 4 the San Diego’s defense recorded two sacks, three interceptions and a defensive touchdown. The Chargers should be great again against a team that hasn’t figured out their offense yet.

Washington Redskins D/ST – The Redskins have been decent at home and they should do alright in Week 9 against the Panthers. The Redskins’ defense should be able to get some pressure on Cam Newton forcing him to commit turnovers.