Euforquestra ready to ignite Frequency stage

ARTS-euforquestra-press-2011-hi-resolution-2-c2a9tobin-voggesser11
This genre-fusing band now calls Fort Collins, Colo. home. The group began in Iowa, where it holds its own festival each year.[/media-credit]

Merge reggae, funk, afrobeat and a dash of jazz catchiness and you’ve got yourself Euforquestra, a band ready to ignite the dance floor at The Frequency this Thursday.

Hailing from Fort Collins, Colo., this tour-heavy band comes prepared for anything. Originally from Iowa City, Iowa, these guys have seen change ups in their membership during their ten years of existence. The switching around seems to match their improvisational style which keeps crowds guessing at their frequent shows. On this tour, they have seven different members and plenty of musical genres making appearances.

One may wonder how such a variability of genres can crop up in a single band’s works. It’s a collective effort according to guitarist Mike Tallman.

“It stems from us wanting to try anything musically. Whatever someone brought to the table, we tried. It comes from being open-minded and wanting to experiment and try new things” said Tallman, in regard to the variability in genres.

Euforquestra’s feel-good beats are sure to turn even the most stubborn frown upside down. The bright sounds are sure to light up The Frequency and make for a successful show this Thursday night. With instruments ranging from guitar to saxophone, this band produces shoulder shimmying beats.

How would Tallman describe his band? 

“Energy, because that’s what it’s about. It’s about creating a vibe for people to get down and putting that energy out there…  We want people to get down and boogie, that’s our biggest motivation for sure.”

A year ago, Euforquestra released its fourth album Let Us In. Yet there’s planning to kick start funding on another album in the near future, according to Tallman. They are aiming to be back in studios to start recording on their fifth album mid to late summer. 

“The idea of getting back into the studio is really exciting because we have kind of a new line up. We’re writing a bunch of new tunes right now,” Tallman said. 

On the very near horizon is The Frequency show, but this isn’t Euforquestra’s first appearance in Madison. They’ve made appearances at both the High Noon Saloon and The Majestic. They are ready to showcase their new members and show Badgers what’s new in their repertoire since they haven’t been here in a while.

“We’re going to bring the heat. We have a bunch of new music, a bunch of energy… We’re going to be ready to bring it. So people need to bring their dancing shoes,” Tallman said. 

Lively beats and a unique blending of genres can be expected tonight at The Frequency. They’re ready to bring the energy level to a new height and requested that we do the same.

“Make sure Madison is ready to bring it. We’re gonna do what we do so we need some people to show up and bring us the energy.”

So Badgers, Tallman has given a personal request to bring your A-game to the show and give Euforquestra the same level of excitement they bring.

Euforquestra will be performing tonight at The Frequency. Tickets are $10.